The Client: Local Public body based in Newry.
To be responsible for ensuring that the College's purchasing process complies with all relevant EU legislation, value for money and public procurement principles, the Financial Memorandum and other procurement guidance issued by CPD and DfE
To be responsible for implementing relevant aspects of the Procurement Policy and Procedure including;
- ensuring that best practice is incorporated into procurement processes;
- ensuring that the College Procurement policy and operational procedures are available to all those involved in purchasing for the College;
- reviewing and updating the College Procurement policy and operating procedures;
- providing advice, guidance and training to all College staff in relation to procurement activities to ensure adherence to the College Policy and procedures and best value;
- the College Procurement policy and operational procedures are complied with by all involved in purchasing for the College;
- participating in the development and implementation of a procurement strategy for the College.
To be responsible for the procurement process within the College including;
- the production and implementation of the College Procurement plan to ensure delivery of the programme of tenders, quotations and contracts on a timely basis.
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Have a minimum of five years professional experience within the procurement function of a large complex organisation. This experience must include public sector experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Preparation of annual procurement plans;
- Preparation of tender documents to comply with Northern Ireland Public Procurement Policy (NIPPP);
- Evaluation of tenders which are subject to EU regulation;
- Maintenance of a Contracts register;
- Management of contract disputes.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of using a web based procurement system with integrated approvals.
- Experience using Microsoft Word to compile reports and present information in a structured format.
- Experience of managing a team.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
- Hold a professional qualification in Procurement & Supply
Other Essential Criteria
A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
- Salary between £35,745- £38,890 per annum
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.