Staffline Recruitment on behalf of our client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement officer based in Dundalk Co. Louth.
This is very much a role for an intermediate level officer but is an excellent opportunity for an individual that thrives in a fast paced and changing environment. You will be expected to work independently, be decisive, solve problems and show in passion in getting the job done.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Take ownership of supply from allocated accounts and ensure on-time delivery
- Develop relationships with, and knowledge of, allocated suppliers
- Fluent English speaker with the ability to influence / negotiate with suppliers to gain business advantage
- Ability to work in a professional, independent manner and control your own workload in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to organise oneself and multi-task
- Work within procurement to achieve Company KPIs
- Co-ordinate with Freight Carriers to ensure on-time freight delivery to business warehouses
- Maintain Purchase Order & Supplier databases
- Identify & expedite priority supply
- Feed accurate up-to-date supply information to Sales Teams
- Work collaboratively across organisational departments to ensure smooth supply of quality product
- Work with finance to maintain payment schedules
- Provide weekly update reports to Supply Chain Supervisor
- Provide monthly KPI reporting for your dedicated area
The Ideal candidate
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Embraces company values and behaviours and role model these daily in all activities and interactions with colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to communication large data sets in a clear and concise manner - Ability to work on own initiative, think for one's self and make decisions
- Sets high standards and expect this from self and others
- displays passion to do a great job for the business and our customers
- Desire to progress in one's career and develop skills and knowledge - Displays a passion to be the best and contribute positively to a winning environment
- Procurement experience International Trade desirable
- Working knowledge of shipping documentation
- Strong attention to detail / Organised / Target driven
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude through periods of change and be a positive role model for team members.
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP system is an advantage - Knowledge of furniture and logistics industries is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond in supporting all aspects of business, assisting other departments and teams where necessary
- Must have a can-do attitude in delivering results for our customers
If you have any interest in this role apply now or contact email@example.com