Procurement Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through Ards Borough Council.
Salary: £ 17.88 p/h
Location: Town Hall, Bangor
Hours: 36 hours p/w
Duration: Initially 6 moths
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
Responsible for the provision of operational procurement support across the Council and to lead, promote and modernise procurement processes, within the constraints of UK procurement regulations. and members of the general public in relation to a wide variety of Environmental Health Issues.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- To raise procurement awareness corporately across the organisation and co-ordinate the provision of procurement training, support and advice to departments as required.
- To support individual sections across the Council in developing local procedures in line with the overall corporate procurement objectives.
- To monitor legislative and procedural compliance corporately across the Council and to support sections in ensuring that appropriate standards are adhered to.
- To identify areas where the tender process can be extended and to work with relevant staff across Council to develop corporate contracts and progress preferred supplier relationships as appropriate.
- To deputise when required, for Procurement Manager at relevant meetings, including Local Government Procurement Meetings.
- To provide technical support to both Officers and local suppliers and to provide tender support as required.
- Operational management of corporate contracts across the Council including contract management with both Officers and suppliers and reporting to the Procurement Manager on performance.
- Updating of procurement information available to Officers and suppliers on both the Intranet and Internet sites and communication of same through training, briefing sessions and roadshows for both council employees and local suppliers.
- To maintain use of an e-procurement platform for the issue and submission of all tenders and to implement and encourage the use of other sustainable procurement strategies across the Council.
- To assist the Procurement Manager in delivering the results of procurement reviews on a timely basis.
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
3rd level qualification or equivalent
Five years' relevant experience- at least two years' relevant experience within a procurement/purchasing unit including the preparation and issue of tenders for a diverse range of supplies, services and works. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office and related packages, particularly Word, Excel and presentation software
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport* applicants without a full driving licence should have access to a form of transport to enable them to meet the nature and requirements of the post
- Access to a good internet and WIFI services if working from home or on a hybrid basis
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.