Procurement Projects Advisor
Fixed-term 12-month contract
Staffline are delighted to be working in conjunction with a superb company who are seeking a Procurement Projects Advisor on a 12-month contract basis based in Belfast city centre.
You will work within the Procurement's Infrastructure & Estates Services Category Team providing support to the Structure and Examination Assessment Programme. You will also support colleagues within the team in the delivery of other projects should the need arise.
The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks:
* Support the Category Manager in ensuring that procurement programmes are managed in line with the capital plan and co-ordinated to achieve value for money.
* Ensure that links are maintained between contract documents for procurement packages to achieve the best strategic outcome for the project delivery.
* Conduct reviews of procurement documentation and make recommendations to the Category Manager to ensure that the potential for exposure to risk, procurement fraud and the likelihood of a legal challenge are mitigated.
* Gather and utilise market intelligence to inform procurement decisions through the delivery of intuitive, commercially astute advice.
* Ensure that procurement activity is in line with best procurement practice and compliant with public procurement policy and any other relevant legislative requirements.
* Build strong working relationships with customers and suppliers.
* Support the Category Manager on managing supplier performance and compliance with agreed service levels - and on taking remedial action as required.
* Adhere to CSR obligations
* Ensure that sustainable procurement and incorporate environmental considerations into procurement decisions, as appropriate.
* Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisation's equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with the role.
* Any other duties as may be assigned.
Experience of procurement in a large organisation
Experience of delivering procurement benefits
Experience of use of online tendering portals
Knowledge and application of contract drafting and commercial terms and conditions.
Studying towards CIPS Level 4 procurement qualification, with at least two years' procurement experience
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call on 02890 323333 EXT: 410
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.