This role will have responsibility for ensuring continued cost reduction and ensuring supply chain continuity on a large portfolio of finished goods and raw materials within the ignition category. Directly supporting the Procurement Manager, you will be liaising with a multitude of internal stakeholders, external suppliers / co-packers to ensure on time & in full delivery of products to the multiple markets in which the company operates within.
Ensure value added procurement and logistical support processes are in place to support the delivery of specific & complex projects. Act as a conduit between suppliers and internal commercial & finance teams to obtain cost of goods calculations on NPD / pack format extensions. Experience of procuring in European & APAC region with associated logistical environment is preferred. Good understanding and knowledge of production site with production range will be the key to successful performance in the role.
Drive a sustainability agenda by being aware of latest industry developments & trends.
- Support the procurement, tender, RFP process within the organisation to complete complex comparative analysis on costs, quality and service to determine optimum supply & spend solutions to reduce the cost to serve.
- Change enabler with responsibility for all sourced materials, driving reduction in packaging use to support our sustainability agenda by acting as the focal point between technical, commercial and manufacturing stakeholders.
- Lead complex pricing and contract negotiations with strategic and/or critical suppliers and develop opportunities to expand the value and cost optimization delivered from the supply base.
- As appropriate, manage a review of the supply base and the markets and work with key stakeholders to attract new suppliers and to access the most up to date materials, goods & service offerings.
- Create sustainable value from supplier relationships by chairing joint supplier and cross-functional reviews to include monitoring of supplier KPI's, realising continuous improvements, innovation, supplier visits and identification and mitigation of supply risk.
- Interact at a senior level with the management team and other key internal stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of requirements and then deliver against those requirements.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage adherence to the Procurement Policy to optimise the total cost of ownership for appropriate goods & services within budgeted parameters.
- Carry out contractual negotiations and deliver effective Supply Agreements reducing exposure to risk and liability, ensuring compliance with legal trading terms.
- Drive and implement policies in compliance with CSR policies and sustainable procurement initiatives.
- Ensure that all vendors adhere to the relevant health and safety, quality, environmental & technical standards.
- As required, support any procurement & supply chain initiatives within specific SHS divisions
- Procurement experience in the consumer goods sector preferred
- Logistics experience of shipping, haulage & warehousing.
- Sourcing experience in RFI/ RFP, tendering, etc
- Excellent Excel & SAP knowledge/ experience.
- Materials planning experience
- NPI/ Quality assurance experience
- Contract negotiation and management
- Experience and understanding of COGs, pricing & financial reporting.
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Third Level Qualification (any discipline)
- Third Level Procurement / Supply Chain Qualification and / or
- Member (or working towards membership) of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Strong commercial & financial acumen
- Ability to build trust and effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective negotiation skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic & proactive/Willingness to travel / work remotely