Procurement Specialist - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently recruiting on behalf of a prominent public sector body who are seeking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the purpose of this role will be to support the procurement function in working towards delivering cost effective and proactive procurement services. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the implementation and maintaining of the Corporate procurement plan
- Support the development, implementation & maintaining of the organisation's Public Procurement guidelines, including working templates.
- Assist with the management of the Purchase Order function ensuring it operates to an appropriate standard
- Develop close relationships with Accounts Payable function
- Provide input and assistance across the organisation on general procurement issues and vendor/contract management
- Support tender preparation, including advising on different procurement options
- Liaise with the OGP and other Government Departments as necessary
- Complete tender processes in line with EU Directives
- Develop relationships and agreements with 3rd party suppliers as necessary
- Provide procurement training both internally and externally, as necessary
- Completion of expenditure analysis for determining contract value
- Assist in updating of contract spend tracking
- Ensure all staff are aware of adhere to regulations and procedures
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third level (e.g. Degree) or equivalent qualification is required,
- ideally but not necessarily within procurement
- At least 3 years' experience gained in completing tender processes within a public sector environment
- Proven track record of professional and successfully negotiated procurement outcomes
- Proven, strong, efficient and methodical work methods with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a faced paced environment
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, SharePoint portals
- Ability to accurately develop and prepare periodic reports
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet
- Ability to identify continuous improvement
- Must be proactive, results oriented and have strong attention to detail
This position be offered a contract up until December 2022 and will be based in Dublin City Centre.
A salary scale of €49,846 to €62,775 will apply, depending on experience.
To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed.
For further information or a discreet discussion, please call Laura directly on 086 1409232.