Location: Maydown Site, Northern Ireland
Staffline are exclusively recruiting Production Operatives for our Recruitment Partner, The LYCRA Company. The LYCRA Company innovates and produces fibre and technology solutions for the apparel and personal care industries, as well as speciality chemicals used in the spandex and polyurethane value chains.
While The LYCRA Company's name is new, its legacy stretches back to 1958 with the invention of the original spandex yarn, LYCRA® fibre. Today, The LYCRA Company is focused on adding value to its customers' products by developing unique innovations designed to meet the consumer's need for comfort and lasting performance.
The execution of routine tasks within a production environment including:
- Operating equipment.
- Monitoring and responding to process variance.
- Validating quality requirements.
- Maintaining a high standard of equipment and work area cleanliness.
- Willing to undertake first aid duties.
- 2 GCSEs at minimum grade 'C', or equivalent, in English & Maths, or 12 months relevant Production work experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team, follow defined written job procedures and instructions, and undertake accurate data entry into a computerised system.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and provide flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to accept responsibility for safety by following all policies and practices.
- Successful applicants, who must be 18 years of age or over by 14th February 2021, will normally be required to work full rotating 12-hour shift patterns (nights and days), averaging 42 hours per week.
- BTEC qualification, or equivalent, in an engineering/science related discipline.
All the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
We offer a competitive salary starting at £22,253 for basic level General Operative (GO) + £1,740 Annual Market Supplement for GO's willing to undergo Training program for Enhanced GO role.
In addition, the Company offers the opportunity for future advancement to higher paid Tier levels.
A benefits package, including BUPA membership and a Contributory Pension Scheme and performance related pay, is also included in the employment package.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to Donna.Loughran@staffline.co.uk. Closing date for receipt of CVs is Sunday 14th February 2021 at 17.30.
The selection process will include a pre-placement medical and reference check.