Production Operative/Quality Controller North County Dublin
A position has become available for a Production Operative/Quality Controller at a leading fresh produce distribution centre in North Dublin cover holidays.
You will receive appropriate training to carry out this role.You will remain in your position initially on pack lines and only when there is a period of annual leave in QC will you step into this role.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the role involves working alongside the team in Quality.
* Inspecting incoming fruit - checking and recording temperatures, quantities, grower and traceability information.
* Printing and inspecting labels
* Carrying out glass audits, cleaning audits and calibrations.
* Using computer (Excel / Outlook) to fill in reports and stock information.
- Strong communication skills and a good understanding of the English language.
- Good numerical skills.
- Hands on approach.
- Conscientious and committed with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Decisive with a need to be able to prioritise work load.
- The ideal candidate should be self motivated, very flexible and a good team player.
- Starting rate of pay is E 10.20 hourly with overtime at 1.25 after first 37.5 hours, time and half after 48 and E32.50 allowance for Sunday work. Daily allowance E15 for QC.
- Wednesday to Saturday & Thursday to Saturday on a two week cycle, so you work 4 days in first week of cycle and 3 days in second week 5am to 5pm
- May interest a food science graduate looking to further their career and gain valuable industry experience