Production Operative *** PERMANENT ROLES **
Night Shift Process Operative required.
Hours of work = 12am to 8am, Sunday to Thursday.
- Holidays - 33 days (25+8)
- Refer a Friend - up to £1,500 available
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus - payroll to confirm/Sara will advise once aware
- Life Assurance x 2 your rate of salary
- Weekly paid
- Overtime available at time and half and double time
- Subsidised canteen
- Subsidised factory shop
- Free car parking
- Responsibility for personal Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of other workers.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To ensure that quality & hygiene standards within the factory are maintained.
- Ensure Product is correctly labelled, weighed, packaged and boxed*
- Accurate completion of paperwork*
- Data input into computerised systems. *
- General housekeeping duties including removing product spills and labels from equipment, walls and floors.
- Ordering and maintaining packaging stock in boxing area*
- Report any out of spec checks or quality issues to the Shift Leader*
- Solve problems on the production line.
- Check all materials meats/fillings/ingredients on line are labelled with full traceability. (Depending on the area which worked).
- Any Other Duties, which may be required by the Manager*depending upon role.
Reporting Relationships/Social Conditions:
The job incumbent is a member of a team of process operatives, reporting through to a Section Leader. Effective liaison, team working and interaction with other operatives and supervisory staff is fundamental.
The job is performed mainly in a chilled factory area and involves extensive periods standing. The incumbent is required to operate effectively; processing, packing, boxing, labelling and weighing product as required. It is imperative that the job incumbent is aware of health and safety regulations and adheres to them.
Competencies, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Must be literate and numerate.
- Good manual dexterity is essential.
- Heavy manual handling will be required.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be observant and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English Essential.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene, housekeeping and health and safety is essential.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and efficiently desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills are desirable.
- An understanding of relevant documentation is desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions desirable.
- The ability to work to tight time-tables is desirable.
- Previous work experience in a food factory or in a similar role is desirable.
- Knowledge of Moy Park systems & customers is desirable.
- Data recording experience or computer keyboard skills is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision desirable.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fairly pressurised environment desirable
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions.
- Work in a safe manner and observe the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Use and take reasonable care of the personal protective clothing and equipment provided.
- Report any loss or defect of personal protective equipment.
- Report to your Line Manager immediately any incidents that have led to or could have led to injury or an accident or have affected the environment.
- Report all injuries that occur to yourself at work, immediately to your line manager and obtain the necessary first aid treatment.
- Cooperate with Managers and other personnel of the Company to achieve a healthy and safe workplace environment.
- Help in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Observe the Company personal hygiene requirements.
- Set an example of safe, correct behaviour, particularly to new entrants and young persons.
- Report any hazard / defect you may observe promptly to your immediate line manager.
- Report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to your line manager.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare or yourselves or your work colleagues.
- Comply with safe systems of work at all times
- Advise managers when not trained for tasks you are being asked to carry out. Any employee breaching employee health and safety responsibilities will be liable for investigation which may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Company's disciplinary policy.