Stafflinre are working to recruit a production planner. This key role will involve communication with other operations staff, technical, engineering and service departments regarding production information and plans to highlight any potential issues in advance of manufacture.
- Lead, direct, develop and support a small operations Team to ensure that customer requirement are met on time and in full.
- Ensure the business unit runs safely, effectively, efficiently and to the required quality standard
- To promote and drive continuous improvement activity to ensure budgeted KPI's are exceeded
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are adhered to, ensuring availability of resources to balance demand and production.
- Continuously review and maintain long and short-term factory capacity planning to agreed targets.
- Confirm sales order completion dates to Sales Admin for manufactured and purchased orders.
- Regularly provide production status updates to management.
- Effecting changes to production schedules/overloads, including the use of subcontract, to ensure that production deadlines are met with minimum disruption.
- To manage the order action reports, shortage reports and exception message reports on at least a weekly basis in order to meet schedule adherence
- Carry out ERP system transactions for all WIP and stock movement on the shop floor and to physically move items through manufacturing operations stages
- To install, manage and utilise in process KANBANs and visual controls
- Chase any material and WIP requirements in order to meet production targets and highlight immediately any issues which will result in the targets not being achieved and feedback this information into the system.
The Person/Skills required
- A detail-oriented professional with extensive ERP knowledge and interpersonal skills to enhance cross-departmental communications.
- Proven experience in a planning/scheduling environment, preferably from a one off / small batch environment.
- Possess an expertise in advanced planning methods supported by a wider knowledge of Supply Chain practices
- Analytically minded, with the ability to manipulate and present data effectively.
- Computer literate, confident using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English and French verbal and written.
- A third level qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience of managing a Team (min. 2yrs)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of detailed production planning/scheduling.
- Excellent IT skills, highly proficient in using Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience of using ERP systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com OR call on 02890 323333 EXT: 410
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.