Production Shift Supervisor
Staffline Ireland is currently recruiting for a Production Shift Supervisor for a leading pharma company based in Galway. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Production and Manufacturing function. In this role you will report into the Manager. A culture of collaboration, work life balance and rewarding talent are all encouraged along with progression in your career. This award winning company is experiencing huge growth in the market and now is an exciting time to join due to further expansion.
- Liaising with warehousing, quality assurance, and other relevant parties to ensure prompt production of product.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritize orders in accordance to schedule.
- Actively resolve issues to reduce downtime through re-allocation of resources or escalation of issues.
- Managing process and material flows and space management within area.
- Monitor and improve line / equipment capacity to meet business needs.
- Manufacture / pack product to GMP / regulatory standards as outlined in company documentation.
- Accurate completion of all necessary documentation and review of work orders prior to sign off.
- Updating of visual management boards & presentation of board metrics.
- Carry out IPC checks as outlined in company documentation.
- Ensure machines / equipment are maintained and working correctly.
- Carry out minor machine / equipment adjustments as appropriate.
- Ensure all materials and equipment is available for the line to run smoothly.
- Organise efficient line clearances, review cleaning logs and sign accordingly.
- Liaise with and collaborate with Quality Assurance.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training documentation is complete and filed.
- Completion and review of Manufacturing and packaging batch documentation when needed.
- Ensure SOP's and CI's are up to date and circulated.
- Assist with the investigations and close out of deviations
- Assist with Internal and External Audits.
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- The Production Supervisor will lead and motivate production teams to achieve production KPI's within their areas.
- Ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner and escalating to Production Manager where appropriate.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through team meetings, annual reviews and daily interaction on the line Liaising with Training Specialist on programs to ensure standardization and training projects are complied with.
- Assist with employee on-boarding.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Shift Rotas, Holiday planning etc.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that all H&S policies and procedures are adhered to by driving H&S compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring that all site and emergency evacuation procedures are followed.
- Responsible for the compiling and completion accidents reports and near miss
- Organizational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are key communication skills
- Ability to lead & motivate a team and manage diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Strategic decision-making & proven people management capabilities.
- Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and ultimate aims of the business is important role-modelling.
- A strong working knowledge of best practice processes, change management implementation, coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance.
- Willingly mentor staff and share knowledge, seeks/applies innovative and relevant techniques
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in a regulated manufacturing FDA/HPRA environment
- Experience of operating technical equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing industry is essential. Experience of manufacturing process of Solid dosage, Liquid dosages or operation of Blister Packing Machinery.
- Proven leadership capabilities. Experience as team lead, relief supervisor desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.
- Proven problem solver with positive pro-active attitude.
- Decision making abilities essential.
- Willingness to undertake training in Supervisory Management and internal systems to include TMS, QPULSE, Prieto and to par-take in continuous professional development.
- Flexibility on shift is a requirement of the role.