Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Production Supervisor on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical company. The role of the Production Supervisor is to plan, organise and control the activities of the Packaging team, to ensure the highest levels of Client Service are achieved. All operations should deliver schedule adherence, whilst operating the lowest unit cost (within budgetary constraints) and observe all Company Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures within Pharma Services.
- Monitor all production activities constantly by being present on the floor, planning ahead for raw materials availability, components and associated products, checking equipment availability, pack rates and operational status versus schedule to ensure target schedule adherence.
- Organise, motivate & control the packaging team to achieve the lowest unit cost of production by maximising productivity, minimising non - productive time and absenteeism whilst operating according to all Company policies & procedures.
- Ensure that progress against agreed scheduled packaging plans is monitored throughout the shift and where deviations are found, act to correct them immediately and communicate such deviations and any revised plan to the Shift Team Lead / Production Manager.
- Ensure the escalation procedure is followed and your team understand all stages in escalation of potential issues / stoppages.
- Ensure all Quality management systems and procedures are implemented and maintained to guarantee product safety and legality and ensure all products are produced to the required regulatory authority specifications.
- Ensure your teams completely adhere to all batch record instructions.
- Ensure the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy are achieved and actively promote the achievement of expected standards through the adoption of correct work practices & thorough and immediate incident / accident investigations.
- Ensure the continued skills development of the packaging teams and identify areas of improvement for individual members of the team, setting clear goals & targets and carrying out regular appraisals of progress.
- Ensure staff disciplinaries, probationary reviews, performance management, return to work interviews, absence reviews and rostering of staff are conducted within the timelines required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shift Team Lead.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) OR relevant experience
- Experience in a supervisory role within a pharmaceutical or regulated environment
- Proven ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and associated work instructions
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
- Proven ability to complete documentation of exceptional standard
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proven capability to perform at this role level
- Degree within Biochemistry; chemistry; microbiology, pharmacy or engineering (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a Team Leader role (to include the supervision of personnel and the allocation of work)
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging & manufacturing
The successful Production Supervisor will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Production Supervisor role will be based in County Armagh.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland