Staffline recruitment are currently seeking a Production Supervisor on behalf of our client based in Stanmullen Co.Meath. The supervisor role will involve the Management of People and Processes, providing strong, capable leadership and clear direction and guidance to all team members to ensure that customer expectations are met and delivered on time. This role is essential to our overall corporate objective-to ensure that the production processes results in products of maximum quality with maximum profits.
Participation in Production Planning and Organization:
- Accurately evaluate achievement of production plan to objectives based on available resources.
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress.
- Ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly.
- Complete documents on time.
- Write, review, and approve documents relevant to management activities (e.g., procedures, deviations, work instructions, master files, and validation reports).
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity/quality/health & safety and suggest improvements.
- Rearrange production sequences according to planning needs.
- Consistency meet deadline and manage priorities.
Production Follow-up Activities:
- Diligently verifies availability of inventory, delivery and release dates of raw materials, components and product components and product compliance.
- Carefully plans interventions on equipment or in production area.
- Ensure equipment starts-ups within required timeline.
- Commitment to safety regarding use of equipment.
- Ensure compliance of production lines, equipment, and premises.
- Verify documentation and work quality.
- Approve critical production steps.
- Accurately measure performance throughout work shifts.
- Ensure quality of production is maintained in keeping within cost and schedule.
- Monitor compliance with prevailing standards as well as any workplace accident or incident.
- Safely manage waste and residual materials.
Management of production Employees:
- In conjunction with human resources maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Strong coaching and training skills to onboard new employees, including instruction on safety, e.g., how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Support the team to meet objectives and established schedules.
- Mobilise employees to maintain and improve processes and performances.
- Ability to set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to employees.
- Appropriately reassign employees according to needs.
- Make relevant recommendations on improving performance standards.
- Develop and monitor employee development plans.
- Carry out quarterly performance reviews on assigned employees.
- Develop, administer, and monitor remedial action plan to poor performers.
- A third Level Qualification in Engineering, Management or Science or relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a GMP or Regulated environment.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills. The successful candidate should display a dynamic and proactive approach to issues and tasks.
- Excellent communication skills required. Proved ability to communicate with multiple departments and at all levels of the company.
- Dynamic, hands-on individual prepared to take responsibility.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing including experience in use of Lean Tools to develop continuous Improvement.
- Proficient MS Office and PC skills. Experience in JDE or other MES system is preferred.
- Supervisory level within a production environment. Ideally in a pharmaceutical environment.