Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Production Supervisor on behalf of our Client based in Monaghan.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you shall assist in ensuring the smooth flow of fabrication production through the manufacturing line to meet on-time deliveries in the most effective manner.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Motivating and leading a team through good forward planning
- Ensure visual management standards are maintained and improved in meeting areas and the production floor and ensuring Team members fully understand information displayed.
- Responsible for the smooth flow of production through the monitoring of Fabricators performance and output levels and ensuring that the targets are achieved on time.
- Plan for next Month's fabrication production requirements to ensure that shortages are highlighted and rectified as soon as possible including overall manpower capacity and skill base of teams.
- Ensure workload is planned and prepared in advance and relevant resources made available.
- Ensuring absence is managed, and people issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain production schedules and communicate daily status of production to Team Members.
- Responsible for controlling and managing that 5S standards are maintained in your area of responsibility.
- Always promote health & safety within the workplace and communicate toolbox talks with the team members, as well as regular reporting of any potential health and safety issues/ near misses.
- Ensure closure of H&S issues.
- Ensure on the job buddy training for new team members, as and when required, is updated and maintained.
- Productivity, pursuing continuous improvement and problem-solving opportunities
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility to accept and fulfill any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Previous supervisory or people management experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for making good business decisions when required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Motivated self-starter with an eye for detail
- Ability to drive quality improvements
- A good working knowledge of steel fabrication, machine parts and steel processing
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good standard of education
- Experience in similar role in the manufacturing industry
- Proven track record in people management role
- Must have a good working knowledge of fabrication & site operations
- Must have a good working knowledge of health, safety and environmental issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A forward planner
- A "Can do" attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work under pressure