Band 2 Production Support Worker required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Victoria Pharmaceuticals Knockbracken
Pay Per Hour: £10.37
Hours: M-T 8-5 & F 8-11.30
Duration: 6 months initially.
The successful applicant will join the team in Victoria Pharmaceuticals providing regional pharmacy production services to HSC Trusts. He/she will support replenishing of Northern Ireland Ambulance Service kits and regional emergency kits. He/she will work in the stores area and participate in cleaning kits. He/She will input expiry dates on to the pharmacy computer system.
- Daily preparation of all equipment and work areas. Cleaning down of these areas as necessary.
- Daily recording of temperatures in all areas.
- Washing & cleaning down of fridge.
- Answering telephone and directing calls to relevant person.
- Assist with shared mailbox and directing orders to relevant person.
- Sending purchase orders via email to companies.
- Packing and preparing vaccines for distribution to HSC users.
- Assist in preparation of production rooms for kit assembly.
- Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
- Completing all necessary replenishing documentation appropriate to their input.
- On authorization from senior technician prepare kits for collection by distribution partner
- Assembling and packing orders for dispatch including completion of records of distribution. Packing orders for posting and courier distribution.
- Ensuring that material is promptly processed through stores area.
- Inputting details of receipt, storage and issue onto the pharmacy computer system.
- Participate in preparation of Emergency boxes and kits.
- Maintenance of records including computer stock-check.
- Ensuring that material is properly stored in compliance with the Medicines Act and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Ensuring that stock is rotated to avoid loss due to expiry recommendations being exceeded.
- To perform any duties assigned to you from time to time.
- To participate in weekend and statutory holiday Rota if requested.
- To participate in the BHSCT extended hours service if required
- The post holder will be expected to participate in the extended working hours of Victoria Pharmaceuticals Knoockbracken. This will be on a Rota basis and subject to one months' notice.
- 5 GCSE's grades A-G or equivalent, must include Maths and English.
- Hold a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff or an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services1).
- Willing to undertake a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.