Production Team Lead
Staffline are working in partnership with Dale Farm in Cookstown recruiting for a Production Team Lead. In this role you will play an integral role within the cheese and whey production team. This is an exciting role for an experience production team leader
The successful candidate will be a key member of the cheese and whey production and technical team, taking responsibility for delivering best in class manufacturing performance.
The role will be to optimise cheese production to best in class performance in unit cost, quality, waste, service and compliance.
- Standards and Performance - Set and deliver best in class standards and performance in all aspects of processing re unit cost, quality, yield / wastage service, compliance and budget objectives
- Quality and hygiene, - deliver first class cheese product within specification & to customer requirements and set and maintain effective hygiene controls. Monitor cheese quality through the packing lines to identify and address variances in block code or pallet variability. Manage food safety and quality assurance issues in conjunction with the Technical team
- Improvement and involvement - Implement a structured approach to so that everyone is involved in continual improvement activities. Create an improvement agenda with ownership accepted and practiced across the workforce, benchmark against best in class, investigate new methods and technologies. Using floor whiteboards monitoring performance trends and initiate team based improvement activities and corrective actions, deliver lean and PIP improvement projects
- Processing and machine running, - Optimise plant performance by ensuring all plant and equipment is properly operated, maintained and cleaned to minimise downtime.
- Planning & service - adhere to production schedule to deliver & maximise efficient customer fulfilment.
- Materials usage and wastage, - minimise packaging usage & stock holding levels and drive down wastage.
- Health and safety & housekeeping, - implement a zero tolerance approach to having a tidy, safe and clean working environment
- Costs, - focus in on understanding all cost drivers and work to eradicate errors, waste, downtime ,overtime and high stocks where costs can develop
- People management and training, - develop the operatives on the site to take ownership of their responsibilities, address poor performance, communicate with the teams and get people involved. Implement work instructions for all jobs and build a trained and flexible workforce.
- Audit Compliance, - Develop and maintain the necessary systems, procedures, training and working practices to deliver best practice and meet the requirements of site management, group policies, accreditation bodies, customer requirements and statutory compliance. Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
- Inter dependency - Work in an interdependent way as part of the site management team on driving the business forward and accepting any other reasonable tasks.
- Carry out trials and R&D work on site in consultation with the NPD Manager
- Responsible for developing continuous improvement Quality and Health and Safety culture and carrying out monthly review of department
- Achieve management targets and objectives
- Working with Maintenance and Contractors to maintain equipment
- Providing site management at night through peak production times.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management
Specific Experience & Education
- Good level of general education
- You will have a minimum of 3 years' relevant food manufacturing experience.
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- You will have a successful track record of developing a lean culture and delivering process improvements.
- You will have a strong technical skill set and have a track record of delivery against quality / food safety requirements,
- You will have strong communication skills and be able to clearly demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- 3rd level qualification in food science or technical discipline
- 5 years' similar experience of cheese processing
- H&S responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.
- Set and deliver best in class standards including personal behaviour
- Lead from the front in a calm controlled manner, ensuring clarity of purpose in times of uncertainty
- Develop a culture of change and improvement, whereby improvement opportunities are continually being identified and exploited. Demonstrate flexibility in day to day approach.
- Develop a culture of ownership, demonstrating ownership of your activity, and promote this to members of your team and all individuals on site
- Develop a culture of learning, be open to training, identifying and addressing weaknesses and learning new skills. Be confident and informed on all site activity.
- Develop a culture of openness, communicating effectively to colleagues and senior managers as well as to subordinates. Communicate clearly and concisely, demonstrating this by adoption of team briefs and improvement initiatives / groups. Highlight errors & problems at an early stage and being part of the solution to them.
This role involves shift work on a 3 on and 3 off basis rotating days and nights.
If you would like to further discuss this role in a confidential manner please reach out to Grace Fleming on 028 2564 25699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org