Professional Support Officer
|Salary||Up to £11.53 per hour|
|Published||11 months ago|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Professional Support Officer
Professional Support Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £11.53 p/h
Location: NIMDTA Offices
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To assist the Professional Support Team in providing a high quality professional support service to the organisation, its staff, trainees and stakeholders. The Professional Support Officer will be provide administrative support to the mentoring scheme, recruitment processes and the regional pre-employment checks service for doctors and dentists in training
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To plan and co-ordinate the recruitment processes for NIMDTA's Educational Leaders ensuring compliance with best practice and with NI employment Legislation.
- To quality assure documentation submitted by managers for advertisement of AfC posts through recruitment shared services and to support managers as required. To ensure that advertisements for AfC posts are circulated internally to NIMDTA staff.
- To support the Professional Support Co-ordinator in the implementation of erecruitment for NIMDTA's Educational Leaders.
- To provide administrative support for the NIMDTA mentoring scheme, including advertising, organising training courses, maintenance of the e-mentoring system, liaising with Mentor Leads and acting as first point of contact for queries from Mentors and Mentees.
- To provide administrative support to the Mentoring Working Group and the Joint NIMDTA/QUB Wellbeing and Resilience group to include preparing papers, minute taking and undertaking follow up actions as required.
- To provide support to Case Managers with pastoral support meetings for doctors and dentists in training.
- To assist the regional pre-employment checks service on behalf of the 5 HSC Trusts for newly appointed Junior Doctors and Dentists in training to include processing AccessNI checks as required.
- To support managers with adjustments to HRPTS in relation to contract changes, quota corrections, working patterns etc.
- Liaising with the BSO Pay and Conditions team in regard to payroll related queries for NIMDTA staff.
10.To assist with the immigration function to include carrying out right to work checks.
11.To provide advice to managers and staff in regard to the application of policies and procedures.
12.To act as point of contact to manage queries from trainees, trusts, staff and managers.
13.To co-ordinate the maintenance of the Professional Support pages of the NIMDTA website.
14.To participate in the review, development and screening of policies within the department.
15.To ensure that information systems are accurately and efficiently maintained within the Professional Support Department.
GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification AND 2 A Levels OR equivalent OR higher qualification AND 18 months relevant* experience OR A minimum of 3 years' relevant* experience *Relevant experience is defined as working in an office environment carrying out administrative duties such as preparing letters/correspondence, maintaining systems/databases, communicating with stakeholders.
Experience in use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by The Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.