Close Date for CV's: 4pm, Monday 15th March 2021
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
Working within the Project Management Office this role entails the facilitation of program and project workshops, work breakdown sessions, compression sessions, control meetings, and other project meetings independently.
A professional committed to delivering programs on-time, within budget and to specification by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Provides expertise in specific areas of program and project management processes to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective implementation of products and services.
This Project Management Office position requires an candidate who is experienced in Project Management tools and processes. In this role you will be required to facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop / validate network diagrams, lead integration and compression sessions.
He/she will manage project plans that have substantial R&D value, are moderate to complex in nature, and are managed with limited supervision.
This person will be required to support the various program teams and obtains/provides a variety of information starting at the concept stage and continuing through prototype, pilot, implementation and follow-up stages of the various programs.
Develop and produce program and/or project management schedules. Utilise professional project management tools and techniques to manage reporting, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software (MS Project) to delegate appropriately. Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making. Manage schedules that reflect detailed information related to the changes, including effected components and functions, timelines for various stages of project completion, costs, etc. Will work with the individual team members from multiple functional disciplines (Engineering, Inventory Management, Purchasing, IT, Facility Engineering, etc…) and the Customer to establish completion dates. Monitors progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problems and steps are in place to meet schedules. Depending on nature of problems, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience with Project Management concepts, including Project Charters, scheduling and planning projects to successful completion.
- A technical or analytical focus is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues.
- Develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Should have proven Project Management skills.
- Team leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organisation skills.
- Project Management experience.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project.
- Experience of leading and facilitating meetings.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
- A third level qualification is required along with extensive progressively responsible job related experience. Those candidates with less or no qualifications must have considerably more experience.
- Green Belt experience
- Understanding of corporate governance processes (NPI, ECN)
- Professional training in project management software and techniques
- Exposure to Power BI
- Previous 6-Sigma Green Belt experience is a plus
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.