Staffline Recruitment are partnering with the Limerick Clare Education & Training Board to source candidates for a number of exciting projects nationwide. As part of these projects, a range of services will be delivered encompassing, project delivery, technology specific delivery and administration. The Programme Executive will play a key role in the Project Delivery Unit to ensure success.
The successful candidate will need to be adaptable as the working environment will alternate between office, home, site and building.
- Undertake analysis on technical aspects of energy efficient and decarbonisation technologies, frameworks or standards and assist in development of strategies for project delivery and scaling up programme.
- Manage and maintain any database / GIS Systems to deliver and capture and monitor the learnings from the pathfinder programmes offered by the Project Delivery Unit.
- The person will be required to travel to attend client meetings, design team meetings, consultancy meetings, site meetings and site inspections.
- Develop (with specialist input from others as required) and maintain a suite of Technical Best Practice guidance materials, supporting the enhancement of information and tools available through website, digital and other networking tools.
- Develop best practice case studies, technical evaluation tools, and interactive resources.
- Develop and co-ordinate promotion and networking initiatives in collaboration with other programmes.
- Provide support to the programmes delivered from the Project Delivery Unit.
- Maintain strong working relationships with project schools and stakeholders and with consultants delivering services on behalf of the programme.
- Manage third party design teams and technical experts in energy management and energy technologies.
- Develop and implement, where appropriate, new processes and systems to monitor, manage and assure the highest level of quality service delivery.
- Participate in strategic and programme development.
- Visit and inspect sites and schools if required to evaluate progress, quality of works and completed projects including post occupancy evaluation.
- Assist in the development of mechanisms for evaluating and prioritising projects.
- In conjunction with other professional disciplines prepare project briefs.
- Visit and inspect schools, if required to evaluate progress, quality of work and completed projects including post occupancy evaluation.
- Input into performance evaluation of consultants
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Degree Level or equivalent professional qualification in an engineering, building services, architectural, science or equivalent technical discipline.
- A minimum of three years' work experience in a related discipline. Post graduate studies may be included.
- Expertise/knowledge in energy efficiency and decarbonisation in buildings or another relevant sector.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Successful track record in delivering programmes analyses or other equivalent achievements in a similar environment.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary building design team and managing projects involving a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of building construction and retrofit market with respect to high performing low energy buildings
- Knowledge of low energy solutions, new and emerging energy efficiency technologies, best practices and solutions
- A capacity to build positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders; to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in delivering high quality technical documentation and ability to represent the Delivery Unit and Department in a public forum.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpretive skills with an ability to think strategically and use sound judgement on complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- The role is team-based, and teamwork and cooperation with others are crucial.
- A proven proactive approach to achieving results, including managing scope, time, risk assessment, cost and quality.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- A flexible approach to problem solving and decision making to ensure the best solution is achieved focusing on the need for greater efficiency and effective delivery.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Well-developed IT skills and understanding of data analysis.
For full job specs and more information, please contact Jenny Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full time, Temporary
Job Code: DUNSL