Project & Group Accountant
This award winning food manufacturer have been producing and distributing their products all over the UK for the past 40 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Project & Group Accountant to operate from their Dungannon site on an 18 month contract basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to take control of and manage an important project for this reputable firm.
- Drive forward the implementation of a new ERP system across the business and assisting the teams get familiar with it and effectively trained on it use and capabilities.
- Assist the project teams with the development of customer cost models from the start to the finish of projects and take ownership of the systems required for this.
- Business partnering with non-finance managers in the factory on how to develop and improve processes and the understanding of financial requirements for the business.
- Produce monthly cost reports for projects and assisting project teams with the reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets, and updating forecasts.
- Ensure robust project financial reporting across business.
- Close out each project upon project completion.
- Assist with completion of accounts as required and provision of information for management.
- Qualified accountant plus at least 3 years experience working in an Accountant role.
- Experience working in the FMCG sector is desirable.
- Some form of financial systems experience is essential and knowledge of Navision would be an advantage however not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Excellent numeracy and commercial acumen.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop with a proactive approach.
- Have an inquisitive mind with excellent listening skills, a real desire to drive the business forward, and willing to move around the various business departments to challenge thinking.
- Be prepared to travel our other sites as required.
- Highly competitive salary, DOE.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.