Project Assistant - ICT3
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Project Assistant - ICT3 to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00per hour
13+ week's £12.86per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Knowledge of a range of technical and management knowledge and skills.
- Whilst formal qualifications are not an absolute requirement the placement must have:
- a good understanding of the supported business areas;
- oral and written communications skills;
- a sound technical knowledge of the ICT products currently available; and
- awareness of ICT project management techniques.
- Experience of Microsoft BI, Microsoft Azure and experience using SQL to query data from databases
- Software Developer / Web Developer
- Development, implementation, maintenance and support of small/medium sized business applications; and
- Planning and prototypes new applications.
Help Desk / PC Support Specialist
- Supervision of the configuration and installation of computer equipment;
- Supervision of PC Support staff;
- Procurement of computer equipment and software packages; and
- Provision of support for PC hardware and software.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements;
- Designs test cases and creates test Scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided;
- Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans;
- Analyses and reports test activities and results; and
- Identifies and reports issues and risks.
- Translates and implements simple development project requirements into physical database structures;
- Assesses proposed changes to object and data structures and implements these changes in physical databases; and
- Assists in database management system support activities for operational database systems.
Contacts and Communications
Will be required to work as part of a team or teams and will have frequent and regular contact with staff at all levels.
Will also be required to engage in contact with private sector ICT suppliers, to discuss technology issues and customer service options.
Will be required to perform a range of work activities in a variety of contexts, some of them complex and non-routine, with minimum supervision.
Will be required to assess the information requirements of business areas and to address these through the application of ICT. The identification of areas of need involves fact finding and innovative thinking, resulting in a definition of information requirements, the sources of the information, the information flows, and the processes required to support the business functions. The placement will need to keep abreast of the fast moving developments in the ICT industry.
May provide advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues and undertake elements of supervision.Decisions on which the placement may have an influence include whether projects should proceed, whether further analysis is required, whether resources are sufficient, and decisions on priorities
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland