Our client is a leading integrated waste management and recycling organisation. The candidate will be giving an opportunity to become a part of the planning and compliance team based in their headquarters. You will be responsible for dealing with all of the construction works at the existing facilities that the company has in operation across Ireland. You will then transition into becoming the Site Engineer for all future waste facility developments in assigned areas across Ireland.
This role gives the successful candidate a great opportunity to showcase their organisational and project management skillset within a company that can offer career progression opportunity in the future.
Roles and responsibilities
- You will report to senior management.
- You are responsible for Co-ordinating site repairs, maintenance and future extensions at all of the existing facilities. This will include liaising with the operating management team to assist in all plant upgrades, equipment retrofits and capital replacement projects at the existing waste facilities.
- Responsible to work on future large waste facility developments which will include site supervision & co-ordinate with in-house and external contractors. Responsible to ensure quality standards of work is maintained at all times. Co-ordinating with PSCS, PSDP and all other stakeholders to include local authorities and Building control.
- Provide support to the Environmental Compliance team and Health and Safety Management team to ensure continuous compliance specifically relating to all necessary site infrastructure works to include repair, maintenance and installation at all existing and future Waste Licences issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Waste Facility Permits issued by local authorities.
Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering related qualification essential (Environmental Engineering background beneficial).
- 2+ years' experience in a similar site engineer or project engineer role.
- Ability to work at ones own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Effectively and efficiently manage and coordinate site activities.
- Practical Health & Safety experience in both site activities and design assessment. Good communication and presentation skills. Full Safety Qualifications.
- Full understanding of design drawings. Production of documentation, including reports, drawings, calculations, specifications, tender documentation, project delivery plans. Experience with AutoCAD essential.
- Own Car is essential.
- On-site parking.
- 29 days annual leave ( inc. public holidays )
- Generous Life insurance.
- Company events & social hours.
- Competitive Company pension Scheme.
- Employee discounts.
- Career development opportunities
- Friendly proactive work environment
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends