Project Engineer - DUNSL
Salary NEG DOE
We are working alongside our client in presenting this exciting new opportunity for a Project Engineer to work within their Modular/Pod Projects Team. This is a busy, rewarding environment and a great opportunity to develop your career within in a highly reputable company, based at Dundalk. Travel to customer / supplier sites will also be required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior Project Manager the Project Engineer will support the projects development and execution with technical expertise and direction.
- Working with client and internal design and technical teams, liaising with suppliers and supervising sub-contractors in delivering the project to schedule, ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications and requirements while ensuring all health and safety measures are met for successful completion of all projects.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, and other departments and/or administrative teams, demonstrating interpersonal and diplomatic skills while providing technical advice and problem solving
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with the client, colleagues, sub-contractors and any other associated third parties
- Manage multiple tasks and re-prioritise work in response to urgent requests.
- Consolidating information for project meetings and distributing information to nominated persons.
- Working as part of the Modular/Pod Projects Team in terms of technical coordination and will review supplier equipment during build and installation to ensure all work packages are technically harmonised and can be delivered free from defects.
- Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities.
- Effectively applying the Company's methodology and enforcing project standards
- Implementing and managing project changes and interventions to required timescales & cost restrictions.
- Ensuring effective, timely & appropriate solutions are developed, communicated & implemented to fulfil the business requirement.
- Minimising exposure and risk throughout the project
- Represent company on supplier and customer sites to coordinate activities and resources in support of completion of any site works and or commissioning activities.
- Out of hours work required in special circumstances.
- Enthusiastic and conscientious with a high level of attention to detail
- Pro-active approach, making all parties involved aware of requirements and deliverables while checking technical specifications, designs, and drawings to ensure that they deliver to the project and client requirements.
- Electrical Engineering qualification preferred, with proven knowledge and experience in Power Distribution (MV/LV Switchgear, UPS, Generators, Cooling Systems etc).
- Work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
- Good communication skills are essential as the position involves providing direction for other employees/contractors on site.
- They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment, demonstrate flexibility and have an understanding of basic electrical principles.