An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Project Engineer for one of our clients based in Carrickfergus on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will lead teams of staff, contract personnel and consultants to deliver business development projects on time, in budget and to the right quality. The successful candidate will manage various aspects of projects including site surveys, feasibility studies, design works and utility connections. Co-ordinate project interfaces and act as a link between site personnel and the business development team.
- Managing project aspects to support the development, delivery and implementation of business development plans and proposals. Ensuring all teams work effectively and that communication both within and across teams is effective. Creating progress reports as required and attend update meetings when required.
- Implementing and controlling appropriate risk management systems for the projects and ensuring that all risks are identified, quantified, communicated and mitigated. Ensuring that assumptions are recorded and communicated effectively.
- Identifying project requirements, supporting the production of programmes, budgets, quality plans and strategy/ execution documents as required.
- Creating specifications for development work packages and identifying the most appropriate consultant to deliver the work that delivers best value to the company.
- Acting as a Nominated Competent person and managing contractors and consultants, including provision of information, resources and site supervision to support any desk studies or on site works.
- Providing input into business plans as required. Awareness of the commercial drivers for projects and take these into account when reviewing progress
- Effective management and prioritisation of own workload to ensure management requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner and project tasks are completed on time.
- Co-ordination with other team members to ensure that effective collaboration takes place. Ensuring that programmes are co-ordinated and any conflicts identified/ managed. Identifying and highlighting resource conflicts.
- Previous experience in contract management including liaising with consultants, contractors, suppliers and site managers
- Experience of working in Power Generation or a similar heavy utility or process industry
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Third level qualification in a relevant engineering discipling or alternatively a third level qualification (HNC/HND) with significant experience (essential)
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution (desirable)
- Ability to successfully organise, control and deliver projects to agreed standards
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent computer soft wear skills including spreadsheets, word processing and computer aided design
- Ability to influence peers and build relationships across geographically diverse sites
- Good analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make suitable recommendations
- Good problem solving abilities
- Willingness and ability to take a flexible approach to work and be prepared to respond to changing needs of the organisation,
- Effective communication skills to disseminate information to a wide range of staff and consultants at all levels,
- Effective team worker, with the ability to work independently when required
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to create, lead and develop teams
The successful candidate with be appointed on a personal contract which reflects the responsibilities of the role as well as the abilities of the individual.
Hours of Work:
- Full time position - 37 hours per week.
- 8.30am to 4.30pm - however, there is potential to negotiate start/ finish times
Rate of pay:
- £24.35 per hour
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.