Project Management Officer - Education
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Project Management Officer to start ASAP for a duration of up to 12 Months.
Pay rate:£18.53 per hour
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm =36)
- A Level 5 qualification or above in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years demonstrable experience within a project environment.
- Professional application of project methodologies, including Project Planning.
- A minimum of two years' experience in the management of resources and the maintenance of complete and accurate records to enable handover at the end of the project.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in record keeping and maintaining a central repository of information.
- Experience of budgetary management and audit compliance
- Experience of composing and developing papers at Board level
Working as part of a team, both face-to-face and remotely, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Analyse and maintain key functional elements of the Project, including the Project Plan.
- Assist with the maintenance of workflow processes and documentation across the Project.
- Assist with system testing and documentation of results.
- Assist with the implementation of processes for the various strands and help to monitor intended business benefits.
- Evaluate processes and make corrective action when required to ensure all processes are compliant.
- Produce management information, reports and presentations for Project Board and Central Project Team and/or other stakeholders when required, helping to maintain good communications across the project.
- Implement and maintain the Project Management Office through a document control system.
- Monitor and manage project documentation.
- Assist with overall project management through maintenance of the STS Risk Register and other associated risk registers, coordinating risks and issues.
- Draft and professionally present project documentation through a series of views including Gantt charts, critical paths and milestones.
- Assist with the Gateway review processes and follow up action plans in relation to recommendations.
- Maintain as directed the lessons learned emanating from issues logs.
- Assist with the transition process to full implementation, contract management and ownership within colleges.
- Carry out research to support project development, as required.
- Assist with the recording and monitoring of financial and other resources including the identification of staffing and revenue resourcing in order to meet objectives of the ebs project
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and business cases, as necessary, to ensure appropriate resources are in place for the delivery of ebs project activities
- Develop monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the ebs project and ensure full contractual compliance and adherence to funding terms and conditions and to work with the Finance department to ensure that the project is audit compliant
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of budget reports and other claims in line with the ebs contract
- Procure services, as required, in the delivery of operational targets relating to the project in compliance with public procurement requirements
- Be able undertake work outside normal working hours on occasions.
- Ensure that documentation and authorisation procedures are adhered to.
- Within the context of the post, ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Within the context of the post, ensure full compliance with equality requirements.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**