Our client is a well known Financial Services and Banking Institution across the island of Ireland.
A Project Manager role has arisen within our clients Remediation and Change Management division, requiring experience and expertise in analysis and change ideally from both an operational and technical viewpoint.
This role intially will be offered on a Daily Rate Contract basis.
Purpose of the role:
- Plan and deliver a business or regulatory Project containing a range of inter-related initiatives
- Lead and develop a matrix team of analysts and operational resources to ensure effective delivery of all requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Lead direct and indirect stakeholder engagement at management level across a range of the banks businesses and functions
Key role deliverables:
- Mobilise a business or regulatory project within a wider programme or to deliver a stand alone business or regulatory change. Create and deploy an appropriate governance framework and define baselines for budget, scope, schedule and resourcing. Build an implementation schedule including identifying the critical path and setting key milestones
- Lead the delivery of the Project through the entire life cycle; ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality including closure and handover to BAU owners.
- Ensure effective use of project management methodologies across the Project.. Includes establishment of effective processes for planning, design, deployment, control, closure and governance.
- Identify and manage internal partner and external contractor project deliverables, including selection of and negotiation with key suppliers/stakeholders, where appropriate
- Forecast and evaluate internal and external Project risks and issues and develop plans to resolve issues or mitigate threats to delivery. Ensure effective processes are in place for the ownership, identification and reporting of risks from projects into Project governance.
- Manage the Project budget and deploy effective cost control processes. Ensure full ownership of costs and benefits in the sponsoring business and oversee realisation of benefits within agreed timelines
- Establish and maintain an effective stakeholder management framework across business owners within the bank. Participate in appropriate fora including leading Project governance committees where appropriate and influencing business owners and suppliers to ensure effective delivery
- Lead and develop a team of circa 10-20 matrix resources, maximising the effectiveness of their contribution. Ensure effective lines of communication are maintained across the Project and team performance is continually assessed and action taken where necessary. Attract and develop team members as required.
- Management experience including previous management of business, regulatory or IT projects, with a proven track record of delivery
- Experience of the application of Change Management methodologies
- Has managed multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders
- Experience of managing change in a financial services environment; including business and / or regulatory change Projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage and influence at senior levels
- A relevant, recognised formal qualification in Project management is desirable but not essential
Our client is particularly keen on applicants who have experience in managing multiple projects within a Financial Services setting.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link to Paula McClymont at Grafton Recruitment