Temporary (1 Year)
The Role: Our client based in Newry requires a Project Manager on a temporary contract for 1 year. The successful candidate will have at least 2 year's experience in managing all aspects of a project or work programme
- Project manage the development and delivery of new and current work programmes and initiatives, ensuring successful delivery aligned to strategic objectives, government policy and customer needs
- Proactively manage and monitor project / programme delivery and adherence to budget against key performance targets
- Proactively manage relationships with third party service providers, stakeholders and / or managing agents to ensure prompt and accurate communication of relevant information and satisfactory delivery of programme objectives
- Manage and co-ordinate project evaluation and appraisal procedures in line with Corporate reporting frameworks
- Record project and financial information accurately on IT systems with a demonstrable attention to detail
- Prepare material for submission to the Board (and Board sub-committees) and make formal presentations as needed
- Organise and attend events, sometimes in partnership with key stakeholders, design and deliver presentations on behalf of our client
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of processes, programmes and help with the development of new programme areas
- Understand economic development business networks and the needs and issues surrounding SME's in both jurisdictions
- Liaise with senior staff and executives in government bodies, development agencies and SMEs
- Deputise for the manager as required and work under your own initiative to ensure programme deliverables remain on target
- 2 years' experience of and responsibility for managing all aspects of a project or work programme
- A working knowledge of issues affecting SMEs.
- Knowledge of building and experience of managing budgets to a high degree of accuracy.
- A high level of IT competency
- This post will require travel on an occasional basis across the island. The work may also require some evening and weekend working. Candidates will be asked to confirm that they can meet this requirement.
- The successful candidate may be required to work flexibly across the organisation and must demonstrate the willingness to do so.
- A third level, or equivalent, professional qualification and or a minimum of 3 year's working in a business development role
Hours of work: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Salary: £39,043 per annum
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.