Project Manger - (DP Grade)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Project Manager (DP Grade) to start ASAP for a duration of 52 weeks.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00pr hour
13+ week's £19.76pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT4 - working remotely
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Public Protection Branch (PPB) is responsible for exercising delegated Ministerial responsibility on the recall of licensed offenders to custody and associated parole review casework; development of Parole Commissioners' Rules; casework associated with mentally disordered patients with statutory restrictions held in secure hospitals; provision of advice concerning the management of dangerous offenders under the public protection arrangements; and management of the contract for electronic monitoring of offenders in the community
- The work of PPB is both interesting and varied but also challenging and rewarding.
- The post offers a blend of responsibilities with the opportunity to enhance skills on project management, contract management, seeing the big picture, working through partners to achieve outcomes, as well as teamwork and leadership.
- The post holder will perform a pivotal role as project manager to support delivery against key departmental objectives, including the development of a new delivery model for offender supervision, and the procurement of a service provider to deliver electronic monitoring services and working with the preferred supplier and relevant stakeholders to mobilise/implement the new contract delivery from October 2022.
- The successful candidate will work with the Head of Branch and other staff but they will be expected to work on their own initiative and consult with a range of stakeholders to help explore new ideas and improvements to current approaches
- Project Management of the procurement stage
- Compilation of key project management products, eg project plan, risk register, communications and engagement plan,
- Support senior management and the Programme and Project Boards to ensure delivery of project within agreed timescales; and
- Working with Head of Branch to develop, implement and evaluate full user acceptance testing at various stages of the procurement process
- Providing support and contribute to the development the Electronic Monitoring Strategy and procurement process;
- Maintain and develop the link between the work of the key CCSB policy areas, in support of the Department's work programme on community safety, and the strategic outcomes of the Programme for Government;
- Prepare advice and briefing to the Minister and senior staff, answering Assembly Questions and correspondence cases, handling relevant Freedom of Information requests;
- Contribute to the management of branch finance and funding arrangements and input to Divisional and Departmental exercises.
The above is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is not an exhaustive list and the post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Head of Branch/Division according to business need.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**