SHORTBREAKS PROJECT WORKERS
37 HOURS PER WEEK
Starting salary £20,440 per annum
Purpose of the Job:
To enable young people to access a range of fun activities in their local area in a one to one or small group setting. It may be attending a local youth club, educational play such as arts and crafts and music sessions or supporting the young people in sporting or other leisure activities.
The Project Worker will provide personal care and transport to young people where necessary, and this may include some manual handling tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To provide a flexible, localised service to meet the needs of the children/young people and their families
* To provide transport (where possible) to enable young people to participate in local activities
* To deliver and evaluate programmes of social outreach to meet identified individual needs
* To work toward agreed objectives within the individual's person-centred care plan
* To continuously monitor and review progress of each child or young person and provide ongoing support and guidance
* To establish effective communication strategies with the young person, family, and key stakeholders
* To identify and establish links with community-based mainstream activity for the young people
* Work within the quality assurance systems within Cedar (ISO Quality Management System)
* Maintain Domiciliary Care Agencies minimum standards implemented by RQIA
* To work within the Health & Safety and Risk management practices in place
* Regular monitoring and review jointly with service users and referral agents
* Work towards full occupancy to meet compliance with funders in conjunction with referral agents
* Work with current financial administrations systems of The Cedar Foundation
* To work as efficiently as possible in delivery of the service, implementing green initiatives and efficiency savings measures
Learning & Growth
* To undertake The Cedar Foundations mandatory induction training
* To undertake all training required by the Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority.
* To attend training as identified through training and development plan
* To participate in improvement activity within the organisation
* To promote the image of the organisation to the wider community
* To adhere at all times to all Cedar organisational policies and codes of conduct, including smoke free policy, IT security policy, standards of attendance, appearance and behaviour.
* To participate in marketing and promotional activities to raise the profile of Cedar Services
* Understand that this post may evolve over time and that this job description will therefore be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA - all applicants MUST be able to demonstrate either at short-listing or at interview all essential criteria listed below. Applicants should therefore make it clear on their application form whether or not they meet these criteria. Failure to do so may result in you not being shortlisted. The stage in the process when the criteria will be measured is stated below.
Qualifications & Experience
· RQF Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Health & Social Care, Youth & Community Work, or related field
· Minimum of 6 months' experience providing support to young people
Experience & understanding of the barriers in relation to young people with disability
Application form & Interview
RQF Qualification framework table: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/qualifications-what-different-levels-mean
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
· Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to work independently with good organisational, communication & interpersonal skills
Experience of working with individuals with behaviours that challenge
Awareness of RQIA, Domiciliary Regulations and Minimum Standards
Application form & Interview
Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland
and have access to a suitable vehicle on appointment as driving is a substantive part of the role.
You will be required to work in the Northern Sector of the WHSCT
therefore you must have the flexibility to travel within this area to
deliver the service.
Successful candidates will be required to use their own personal
vehicle to provide transport to children and young people.
Hours of Work
Willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends
Current registration with NISCC or willing to complete registration within 6 months of appointment
The following are essential criteria which will be measured at interview stage:
· Collaborative working
· Commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community that recognises Equality
· Working with respect, care, and compassion to guarantee Dignity
· Ability to support service users to Achieve their full potential
· Demonstrating Resilience to meeting the objectives of the job
· Practical experience working with young people
· Awareness of Safeguarding Children & Young People and Reporting Procedures
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
· Delivering a person-centred service with respect, care, and compassion
· Understanding the Social Model of Disability
· Ability to use initiative to be solutions focused
· Interagency and partnership working
· Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full
· Demonstrate a flexible approach to meeting the objectives of the job
· Valid work permit
· Access NI check
· Able to fulfil the Occupational Health requirements for the post
· Job References
· Driver/Car documentation
· Work permit
· Valid documentation
· Occupational Health questionnaire
· 2 satisfactory references
· Valid driver's licence, business insurance & MOT certificate (if relevant).
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
* Cedar offers an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Investor in People Platinum accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
* Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Cashback health scheme
* Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.