PROJECTS MANAGER BAND 7
Grafton are currently recruiting for an experience Project Manager within the Estates Services Department at the Ulster Hospital. The role is initially for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. Full job description details available on request.
The Post holder will:
- Provide a lead role within Estates Services to develop and refurbish all Trust wide facilities and infrastructure ensuring that all project planning, redevelopment, and reconfiguration of services fully reflect Trust priorities.
- Play a lead role within the large and complex Estates Services development programme which reflects an environment that is conducive to the provision of patient and client care and supports the modernisation, reconfiguration and delivery of safe, high quality services.
- Be professionally responsible for the innovative and client-focussed design of Estates projects and for its patient environment.
- Be responsible for the implementation of Estates strategies and policies, in support of the development of Trust services.
- Be responsible for the project management of capital and projects allocated by senior management, and for the successful delivery on time within budget and to the appropriate standard of all such projects.
- Deputise for the Senior Project Manager as required.
An MSc in a relevant engineering or building discipline
Be registered as a Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a corporate or full member of one of the following recognised engineering institutes:
- Institute of Healthcare, Engineering and Estates Management (IHEEM)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Chartered Institution of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- A Degree in a relevant engineering or building discipline plus 3 years relevant experience in a senior Estates Management role (at EO Band 6 or equivalent).
- A HND/HNC in a relevant engineering or building discipline plus 5 years relevant experience in a senior engineering role (at EO Band 6 or equivalent).
Within the last 3 years have delivered improvements in relation to the performance of a complex Estate
Within the last 3 years have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
Within the last 3 years successfully demonstrate a high level of people management, leadership and organisational skills.
Experience of estates management and budgetary control in a major complex organisation.
A proven track record of having delivered challenging work programmes for a minimum of 2 years, meeting a range of targets and making significant improvements.
Have experience managing people, and are able to demonstrate evidence of successfully leading change for a minimum of 2 years.
Have worked with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders for a minimum of 2 years, to achieve successful outcomes.
Have excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
Evidence of post qualification training and development in areas relevant to the position.
A full current driving licence with access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to arrange suitable alternative arrangements.
Demonstrable experience in the management of estates services including the design, specification, implementation and supervision of engineering and building projects/contracts.
Have project management experience of complex primary and community care capital projects in excess of £500k.
Full job description details available on request
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Kim Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.