Property Services Officer
Property Services Officer - Newtownabbey - £16.53ph - 37hpw
- Contribute to the delivery of services in Council maintained properties, Including the following areas:
- Contract Management and Annual Order Management
- Mechanical, Electrical and Building Services functions
- Facilities/Building Maintenance
- Security on all Council properties
- Graffiti removal
- Heating, Lighting, Electricity and Water Supply
- Street Nameplates
- CCTV operational/Strategy
- Asbestos Management
- Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Fire Risk Assessment Management
- Access Audits
- Contribute to the continual provision of high quality modern building facilities for the end user by means of a documented strategic plan for the maintenance, refurbishment and adaptation of the building asset stock, and where required, additions to and deletions from the stock. To assist in the financial profiling and programming of this plan.
- Assist the Property Services Manager in the development and implementation of a management plan in relation to:
- Reactive Maintenance
- Reservoir Maintenance, responsible persons register.
- Security and emergency call outs
- Plant modernisation
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Statutory Testing
- Strategic Asset Management
- Manage human, physical and financial resources to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Comply with ANBC financial regulations
- Management of staff and resources, organising and monitoring operational aspects of works.
- Compliance with requirements of the Council's fleet management policies and procedures
- Contract management of all external contractors
- Provide specialist knowledge and support across the Council, to contractors and to external organisations.
A Degree in a relevant discipline such as Electrical, Building Services, Mechanical Engineering, Construction, Building Surveying or other equivalent Level 6 qualification as per the qualification framework in a relevant discipline. Consideration may be given to those candidates who do not hold the above academic qualification but who can demonstrate a minimum of 3 year's relevant experience as outlined below.
- Have a minimum of 1 years' experience of building construction to include the following: (a) Experience of building construction and current building techniques and their application (b) Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems and application of same (c) Knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation with regards to facilities management (d) Experience of facilities contract management.
- Have a minimum of 1 years' experience in the management and supervision of staff and contractors.