Public Prosecutor (Legal Assistant)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Public Prosecutor (Legal Assistant) to start ASAP for 6 Months
Pay rate: £20.66 per hour
Hours: 9am to 5pm; Monday to Friday
- Must be a Barrister or Solicitor who is entitled to practise either at the Bar of Northern Ireland or as a Solicitor of the Court of Judicature of Northern Ireland.
- Have at least one year's post qualification advocacy experience in criminal cases, gained within the last 6 years, in a Magistrates' court environment
- Consideration of files submitted by police and government departments with a view to deciding, or advising, as to prosecution in cases alleging the commission of an offence which can be prosecuted in the Magistrates' Court and the Crown Court;
- Preparation of papers for prosecution, where appropriate, and directing such charges and evidence as is appropriate in each case;
- Prosecution of cases anywhere in Northern Ireland, in the Magistrates' Courts and, on occasion in the County Court;
- On occasion preparing committal papers in Indictable cases;
- Carrying out such other duties as are required of a Public Prosecutor by the business needs of the PPS.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen O'Hara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**