Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Public Prosecutors x 2 (Belfast) to start April 2021 for a duration of 11 Molnths (initially).
Pay rate: £19.76pr hour
Location: Belfasst, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - Flexi
- Be a Barrister or Solicitor who is entitled to practise either at the Bar of Northern Ireland or as a Solicitor of the Court of Judicature of Northern Ireland.
- Applicants must have at least one year's post qualification advocacy experience in criminal cases, gained within the last 4 years, in a Magistrates' court environment.
- Consideration of files submitted by police and government departments with a view to deciding, or advising, as to prosecution in cases alleging the commission of an offence which can be prosecuted in the Magistrates' Court and the Crown Court;
- Preparation of papers for prosecution, where appropriate, and directing such charges and evidence as is appropriate in each case;
- Prosecution of cases anywhere in Northern Ireland, in the Magistrates' Courts and, on occasion in the County Court;
- Carrying out such other duties as are required of a Public Prosecutor by the business needs of the PPS.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a good indication of the main duties of the post. The emphasis on particular duties will vary over time according to business needs.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**