Public Sector Grant Coordinator
Public Sector Grant Coordinator
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking to recruit a Grant Coordinator to take up a position with my client, a prominent public sector organisation. Based in their Dublin office this position will be offered as a 12 month contract, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for the provision of business mentoring to childcare providers to examine financial viability/sustainability and governance and to provide clear guidance in terms of evaluating a business model and providing clear actions plans for the way forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering training and tailored supports to a caseload of County Committees throughout the country with a specific focus on sustainability, governance and crisis management issues.
- Be the primary point of contact for an identified caseload of organisations
- Implement a case management process that profiles organisations and analyses capacity in terms of management, governance and finances.
- In collaboration with local agencies including the City/County Committees identify appropriate supports to develop and improve sustainable quality service provision
- Provide business mentoring, support and coaching to organisations through a variety of mediums - on-site visits, workshops, clinics and training events
- Provide feedback on the outcome of appraisals of applications, or strategic/business/annual plans as and when required
- Ensure good lines of communication are maintained and that issues raised by organisations and service providers are promptly and professionally dealt with
- Liaise with local City/County Committees and other key stakeholders to support organisations
- Support networking, exchange of good practice, and support the development of organisations through wider linkages networking opportunities
- Identify and provide feedback regarding identified risks and trends and make recommendations regarding supports and training requirements and how issues can be addressed or prevented
- Assist in the collection, collation and analysis of monitoring data arising from the support, appraisal and performance monitoring processes
- Identify and develop good practice case studies on organisations
- Produce formal reports and analysis at the appropriate stages of the appraisal process
- Manage and maintain the appraisal file ensuring that all relevant information is written up and communicated clearly and effectively at each stage of the process
- Undertake reviews of Appeals of Funding decisions submitted by organisation
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) in business, finance, community development or equivalent
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector in particular in the early years and young people sector
- Experience in providing business mentoring
- Experience in evaluating business models, financial viability and developing business / actions plans
- Strong understanding and experience of non for profit organisations / community organisations
- Experience in implementing strategies to improve board governance, financial and organisational management and to manage conflicts/disputes
- Experience in evaluating applications for funding or annual / strategic plans
- Experience in the delivery of training and supports in the community / voluntary and/or statutory sectors
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases and SharePoint portals
- Experience and proficiency in Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes is essential.
A salary in the region of €48,000 along with benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.
The closing date for applications is 12.00pm on Friday, August 20th 2021.
To be considered, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link. For further information or a confidential chat please call Laura directly on 086 1409232.