Public Sector Grant Programme Coordinator
Staffline Recruitment is currently seeking to recruit a Grant Programme Coordinator for our client, a prominent public sector organisation. This role will be offered as a 12 month contract, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion. Due to the nature of this role, it is possible to be based in any of this organisation's regional offices so location should not be an issue if you are interested!
The purpose of this position will be to take responsibility for and manage a caseload of grant programmes. The successful candidate will liaise with a range of voluntary organisations challenging and supporting thorough ongoing provision of mentoring, support and advice facilitating them to achieve the objectives of the relevant Programme(s) and promoting a credible and professional relationship with all relevant stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of and support to a caseload of organisations ensuring that all relevant information is communicated clearly and effectively
- Oversee and monitor performance of organisations
- Mentor and support organisations to successfully deliver their objectives
- Provide regular progress reports with respect to a caseload of organisations and/or
- Challenge, trouble shoot and help problem solve across a caseload of organisations
- Undertake onsite monitoring/review visits as a follow up to a desk check i.e. where there are issues of concern and further investigation
- On-going liaison with other colleagues within the organisation to ensure effective implementation of grant programmes
- Provide feedback regarding specific supports, training requirements, identifying risks, trends and suggesting how negative issues can be addressed
- Support networking, exchange of good practice, and supporting the development of organisations through wider linkages networking
- Appraise applications, business plans, strategic plans, and appeal submissions
- Co-work with team members in the Finance to ensure effective disbursement of grant aid
- Provide templates and guidelines which may involve training support to organisations from time to time
- Develop, disseminate, gather and analyse quality case studies from organisations and synthesise quantitative and qualitative information into learning and educative documents
- Draft responses to organisations and project specific and regional specific information requests both internal and external - such as complaints, funder and parliamentary queries
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) or equivalent
- Understanding and experience of health and wellbeing/health promotion strategies
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Experience in evaluating applications for funding, including economic appraisals i.e. value for money, financial viability
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook coupled with CAD, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Ability to understand and interpret Annual Financial Statements
- Experience in completing project specific work
- Strong understanding and experience of service delivery
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes is essential
To be considered for this opportunity, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
This contract role will offer a salary in the region of €48,000 plus benefits.
Online interviews will be held for suitable candidates and this organisation is accommodating remote working until it is safe to do otherwise.
The closing date for applications for this opportunity is Tuesday, January 18th at 12.00pm.