Pupil Welfare Auxiliary
POST TITLE: Pupil Welfare Auxiliary
LOCATION: School TBC
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Principal through the designated line manager
JOB PURPOSE: To be responsible for a confidential pupil care, health and hygiene service at school.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Care for all sick pupils and make arrangements for supervised and secure transport for sick/injured pupils to be taken home or to hospital as required.
- Ensure that pupils requiring regular medication maintain their treatment under the written advice of their medical practitioner and with the written permission of their parent/guardian.
- Inform principal/teacher and parents/guardians when medical attention is required.
- Organise and assist during all educational/medical welfare service visits.
- Provide consultation to individuals or groups on health related issues as required.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel regarding welfare of pupils.
- Regularly inspect the cloakroom/toilet areas for standards of hygiene.
- Advise Principal on occupational health issues and risk assessment after accidents.
- Advise Principal on health and safety issues related to the post.
- Operate manual and/or computerised information systems in relation to administrative tasks associated with the area of work.
- Complete and submit all records/returns as required.
- Maintain an inventory/records of resources
- Order/purchase, receive, check, store, securely and distribute resources.
- Assist in school administration and photocopy as directed.
- Assist in maintaining standards of good order and cleanliness in the medical room and throughout the school.
- Implement all relevant school policies and procedures.
- Participate in any relevant training as directed by the Principal.
- Such other duties as may be assigned within the level of the post.
- It is acknowledged that the contents of this generic job description are not subject to appeal.