Purchase Ledger & Procurement Manager
Job title: Purchase Ledger & Procurement Manager
Staffline Recruitment is a leading provider of Recruitment, Talent Management and HR Solutions. An established brand name with ten branch offices stretching throughout the island of Ireland and a permanent workforce of around 150 employees, our business supports an extensive list of world-renowned clients spanning a full range of sectors.
We have a rare opening for a Purchase Ledger & Procurement Manager to join our Finance team in Belfast. We would like to hear from you if you are driven and are interested in working in a unique, fast paced environment. While this role is being advertised as full time, we recognise the importance of flexibility - therefore we welcome applicants who may prefer to work part time.
Working within an established Finance team, the ideal candidate for this position will manage and streamline the procurement process, overseeing all supplier contracts, highlighting cost savings and efficiencies. You will manage the purchase ledger function, from the setting up of suppliers to the processing of authorised invoices and creation of payment timetables with suppliers. You will be responsible for payment runs and maximising of cash flow.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all supplier contracts, maintaining central contract records and negotiating cost savings where possible.
- Assisting the budgeting process through detailed knowledge of contractual arrangements and expected costs.
- Responsible for the procurement process ensuring all managers adhere to the Purchase Ledger Approval Matrix.
- Manage the purchase ledger function, ensuring best practice procedures are in place to ensure only genuine supplier invoices can be paid.
- Supplier management
- Raising of purchase orders by departmental managers/senior manager
- Matching and approval of invoice
- Preparing periodic payment runs for review by the Financial Controller
- Ensuring supplier statement reconciliations are performed
- Preparing the monthly reconciliation of the Creditors control account to the creditors ledger
- Inputting into the month end accounts process as appropriate, e.g. preparing month end accruals and prepayments and producing creditor specific nominal ledger reconciliations
- Any other reasonable adhoc duties as required
- 5+ years experience working in a fast paced commercial environment in a Purchase Ledger role
- Experience in dealing with supplier contracts, negotiating prices and securing cost savings
- Experience of reconciliations in a high volume business
- Use of computerised Finance Systems
- Knowledge of nominal ledger
- 5 GCSEs at Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Math
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, excel in particular
- Ability to analyse and investigate financial data
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to extract and manipulate data, to produce meaningful reports
- Part qualified, studying for an Accountancy qualification or Accounting Technician
- Advanced Excel Certificate
- Competitive base salary
- Generous Rewards & Recognition Scheme with Annual Bonus
- 29 days annual leave including Public Holidays rising to a total of 35 days annual leave on successful completion of probation period
- Benefits (Pension, Private Health Care & Life Assurance cover; both from Day 1 of employment)
- Hybrid Working Policy (option to work from home 1 day per week)
To apply, please submit your CV using the link below. Closing Date for applications is Friday 23rd of July 2021 at 4pm.