Purchase Order Clerk
|Published||about 1 year ago|
|Contact email||Katrina Marron|
Position: PURCHASE ORDER CLERK
LOCATION: Based in Derry town center
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic & self-motivated Purchaser Order Clerk to join a growing business that is currently on a huge growth trajectory, in a varied position that will give great exposure into a busy accounting function.
Duties will include but not restricted to:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Sound working knowledge of Excel
- Self-motivated and focused
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working within a team and independently
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)