Position: Purchasing Administrator
Location: Co Meath
The Role: The purchasing administrator will be responsible for providing admin support to the purchasing team, arranging stock collections from EU suppliers and ensuring that purchase order details / batch information on incoming stock is kept updated on our stock control system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing admin support for the buyers on the purchasing team
- Confirming batch details on purchase orders with suppliers throughout the EU
- Generating and inputting purchase orders onto our Sage IT system
- Amending / updating stock items on our Sage IT system
- Arranging and co-ordinating transport & collection arrangements for stock from European suppliers
- Assisting with preparation of reports for weekly and monthly department meetings
- Responding to queries from other departments in relation to stock
- Assisting with resolving pricing and quantity discrepancies with Goods Inwards and Suppliers
- Any other adhoc tasks as appropriate for this role
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) is required
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires daily contact with suppliers
- Good organisation skills and ability to work on your own initiative as part of a larger team.
- Fluency in a foreign language is an advantage but not essential.
Full training will be provided in all areas of the role. If you are interested and would like to hear more, please apply now