Purchasing & Stock Controller
Purchasing & Stock Controller Required
We are looking for a Stock Controller/Purchaser to join the team for one of our Client's based in Ballymena. The client is one of the largest Garage Door Manufacturer and fitters. The Stock Controller / Purchaser will manage the inventory and purchasing of stock and components based on the company needs. Ultimately you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
Assisting with the development of the company's Scope system to tie up our stock, product codes, costs, BOM etc to ensure they are accurate.
- Maintain accurate record of inventory and stock management systems according to set standards, random checks to be carried out to verify physical stock to system.
- Ensure regulation of in-stock level complies with inventory parameters/Kanban.
- Ensure Scope system is up to date in terms of stock information so that reports can be run to trigger orders.
- Develop inventory control models that promote lower cost of sales, shorter lead times, and reduced stock levels
- Work with Production teams to remove the need for monthly stock takes which absorb valuable production time
- Manage stock so as to minimize the amount of orders being fast shipped.
- Physically receive in orders and ensure delivery notes match order on scope.
- Collaborate with production personnel to oversee storage and putting away of deliveries
- Ensure proper arrangement of stock
- Engage in the forecast of supply and demand to obtain information useful in improving the continuity of supply chain
- Carry out stock management operations in line with set product policies and procedures
- Conduct assessment of supply chain to identify risks and develop solutions useful in minimizing losses
- Dedicated person for placing of orders and ensure requested goods are delivered on time
- Chase and track orders to ensure they are received in a timely manner, address any delays and communicate to all relevant parties.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with suppliers to enable easier procurement of products
- Liaise with suppliers for any quality issues which are caused by the supplier, feedback relevant information to chase credits or replacements.
- Work alongside Production Team Management to ensure required products are readily available
- Ensure purchase inventory is within specified budget
- Use Scope system to provide stock and costing reports for Management Team
- Provide support to Accounts Administration, cross training for holiday cover.
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Good IT skills to include, Sage, Databases, Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Working Knowledge of inventory management software
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills to deal with people at all levels of the organization
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Detailed and accurate approach to work
- Can work unsupervised and be self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and can work independently or as part of a team.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Wednesday - 08.45 - 5pm
- Thursday 08.30 - 5pm
- Friday 08.45 - 4pm
- Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted