Staffline are working with an established manufacturer located in Coleraine, who through growth and expansion are looking to recruit a permanent Purchasing Assistant to join their team!
Due to the client having multiple sites across Northern Ireland this role could be based in Coleraine or Magherafelt, dependent on the location of the candidate. Hours are Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm Fri8am to 2pm (flexi-time avail).
Salary £22-25k neg depending on experience.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Working in conjunction with the Finance/Accounts team to resolve invoice queries, checking deliveries and system quantities against invoices.
- Schedule flow of Production parts to meet daily Production demand and highlight any supply problems which may impact business operations
- Develop and maintain successful supplier relationships. Work with suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues, work towards reducing supplier lead times.
- Release of orders to the supplier network based on current demand.
- Maintain accurate supplier pricing.
- Assist with Cost Saving Projects.
- Administration tasks associated with job role.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Supply Chain Manager
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
Experience in Material Planning/Purchasing
Good mathematical & analytical skills
Good problem-solving skills and self-motivated
Professional and ability build good supplier relations
Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written.
Good IT skills with demonstrable experience of MS Office especially MS Excel Intermediate Level
Excellent Company Benefits
- 29 days Annual Leave + additional Annual Leave for length of service.
- Annual Bonus
- 2 PM finish on a Friday
- Death of Service Benefit
- Employee Referral Scheme - up to £500 for successful candidates