Our client is seeking an experienced Purchasing Assistant for its office based in Co Louth. You will be responsible for providing Purchasing assistance as required to the members of the Procurement Department.
- Responsibility for a selection of suppliers and commodities.
- Place purchase orders based on output from MRP.
- Manage PO's from date of issue to ensure on-time delivery to site.
- Advise the production planning team at the earliest opportunity of any upcoming delays with deliveries which may impact on planned production.
- Arrange transport from global locations.
- Maintain material data on SAP system
- Handling external and internal queries relating to quality, accounts etc.
- General administrative duties to support the Procurement team.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested
Skills, Knowledge and Experiences
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience of working with SAP would be an advantage.