Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Purchasing Manager on behalf of a leading manufacturing company. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective management and development of the Purchasing Tactical elements of the business. The Purchasing Manager will combine the management of the existing purchasing team with a tireless, enthusiastic and focused approach to hands on day-to-day negotiations with a global supply chain in a fast moving and fluid environment.
- Timely, accurate and effective running and development of the MRP system
- Effective implementation and maintenance of Vendor Schedules
- Effective management of a Global Supply Chain
- The ongoing management and development of existing Supply Contracts
- The ongoing management and development of negotiated Supply Chain Solutions
- MPV targets are set and achieved
- The timely annual review of all STD costs
- Any other duties role may involve
- 5 years experience in a senior procurement role (preferably in an electronic, electrical/electro-mechanical engineering environment), including successful formulation and implementation of procurement strategies and supply contracts with quantifiable results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to managing Far Eastern and Eastern European suppliers.
- Have the seniority and presence to negotiate at the highest level.
- Be computer literate with preference being given to those with MRP experience and/or a CIPS qualification.
The successful Purchasing Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £30,000 - 40,000 depending on experience.
The Purchasing Manager role will be based in County Down.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.