Position: QA Manager
Location: Scandinavia (3 weeks onsite, 1 week Ireland)
Salary: NEG DOE
Our client, a market-leading M&E contractor involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharma, Commercial, Data Centres and Technology have an immediate vacancy for an experienced QA Manager for a landmark Data Centre project based in Scandinavia.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager to provide Quality Services and Construction in accordance with the Clients Specifications and local regulations to ensure Comprehensive Quality of Execution for Customers satisfaction. In this role you will be responsible for leading and effectively managing the Quality functions of the project by ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and continuously improved.
- Manage and oversee a robust project quality and Environmental Management System to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Develop & maintain Quality Plans, Manuals and Systems and maintain and record all related documentation.
- Manage site compliance and performance in conjunction with Project/Construction managers through company KPI's, reviews and proactive management.
- Advise management on QA issues and co-ordinate frequent meetings with the client, subcontractors & suppliers.
- Develop relationships across the group both internally and client facing to ensure policies and requirements can be implemented into the day-to-day business.
- Ensure that all documentation and certification is complete and checked for project handover.
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project ensuring correct codes, standards, job descriptions, project procedures, federal and provincial regulations are properly identified, correctly specified in detail and met or exceeded.
- Develop handover documentation packs for each work pack.
- Submit reports and feedback for senior management, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal organization departments, suppliers, subcontractors, and regulatory authorities.
- Strong coordination and organization skills, with strict emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in quality systems, understanding of specifications, data and defect analysis, variance reduction, with knowledge of Lean, TUV standards or LEED.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and expectations.
- Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to develop and manage non-conformance, deficiencies, and reporting programs, including root cause analysis.
- Proven ability to manage teams and work on cross-functional projects.
- Ability to work to deadline with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
- Hands-on, able to work in detail while also taking a strategic overview.
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanour.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this role, please hit apply now