QA Technologist | Newtownards | Temp £11.88 p/h
QA Technologist | Newtownards | Temporary £11.88 p/h
Staffline Ireland is currently seeking a QA Technologist to join our longstanding client, a leading manufacturer of dairy products, on a temporary basis at their site in Newtownards. This position will require the successful applicant to work a mixture of day and night shift operations.
The role is responsible for providing a technical service for assessing the quality of manufactured products and to support departmental and factory-wide procedures or targets aimed at improving overall manufacturing standards. The role will assist with customer complaints and non-conforming product investigations.
- Carry out chemical and organoleptic assessment of manufactured UHT products and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- When required, to carry out chemical and organoleptic testing of powder products
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits, including process audits.
- Perform UHT pack sterility checks to ensure pack sterility is maintained
- When required, collect and prepare samples of powder products for microbiological examination.
- Assess the sterility of UHT products by ATP bioluminescence assay and ensuring that conforming finished products are released on time & in full. To assess the quality of incubated UHT products after 7 days and update the Quality Records accordingly.
- Promptly communicate quality issues to relevant personnel and carry out quality investigations into the root cause and scale of non-conformances.
- Analytical Instruments - Daily maintenance and calibrations, validation of existing calibrations and verification of the accuracy of the instruments.
- Ensure that non-conforming product is promptly isolated and details communicated to relevant personnel on completion of all quality tests.
- Investigate customer complaints as directed by the Quality Team Leader
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is routinely cleaned and is maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits.
- Participation in the QA Laboratory proficiency programme. To test reference samples and submit test results on time.
- You will ideally be educated to at least HND/HNC level (or equivalent) in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or a related discipline.
- Experience using laboratory instrumentation, e.g. colorimeter, spectrophotometer and pH meter is essential.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), problem solving, investigating and resolution.
- Previous experience of food analysis in a dairy or food processing environment while not essential would be an advantage.
Rate of pay:
- £11.88 per hour
Hours of work:
- Hours to be agreed with manager but will include working 12 hour shifts covering both days and nights.
For further information please submit your CV via the link in Word format.