QA Technologist | Newtownards | Temp £18+ p/h
|Salary||£18 - £18.50 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Craig Smart|
QA Technologist | Newtownards | Temporary £18+ p/h
Staffline Ireland is currently seeking a QA Technologist to join our longstanding client, a leading manufacturer of dairy products, on a temporary basis at their site in Newtownards. This position will require the successful applicant to work a mixture of day and night shift operations on a rotating schedule.
The role is responsible for providing a technical service for assessing the quality of manufactured products and to support departmental and factory-wide procedures or targets aimed at improving overall manufacturing standards. The role will assist with customer complaints and non-conforming product investigations.
- Carry out chemical and organoleptic assessment of manufactured UHT products and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- When required, to carry out chemical and organoleptic testing of powder products
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits, including process audits.
- Perform UHT pack sterility checks to ensure pack sterility is maintained
- When required, collect and prepare samples of powder products for microbiological examination.
- Assess the sterility of UHT products by ATP bioluminescence assay and ensuring that conforming finished products are released on time & in full. To assess the quality of incubated UHT products after 7 days and update the Quality Records accordingly.
- Promptly communicate quality issues to relevant personnel and carry out quality investigations into the root cause and scale of non-conformances.
- Analytical Instruments - Daily maintenance and calibrations, validation of existing calibrations and verification of the accuracy of the instruments.
- Ensure that non-conforming product is promptly isolated and details communicated to relevant personnel on completion of all quality tests.
- Investigate customer complaints as directed by the Quality Team Leader
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is routinely cleaned and is maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits.
- Participation in the QA Laboratory proficiency programme. To test reference samples and submit test results on time.
- You will ideally be educated to at least HND/HNC level (or equivalent) in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or a related discipline.
- Experience using laboratory instrumentation, e.g. colorimeter, spectrophotometer and pH meter is essential.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), problem solving, investigating and resolution.
- Previous experience of food analysis in a dairy or food processing environment while not essential would be an advantage.
Rate of pay:
- £18+ per hour
Hours of work:
- Mixture of night and day-shift on a 3 week rotating schedule from 6am - 6pm/6pm-6am:
Week one - Sunday and Monday 6pm - 6am. Thursday and Friday 6am - 6pm
Week two - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 6am - 6pm. Friday 6pm - 6am
Week three - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6pm - 6am
For further information please submit your CV via the link in Word format. BELSL