QHSE Manager - Logistics - KIldare
|Salary||€60000 - €70000 per annum|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Laura Craughwell|
QHSE Manager - Logistics - Kildare
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently seeking to recruit an experience QHSE Manager for our client, a global logistics company with a strong presence in Ireland.
This role will be primarily based in Naas, Co. Kildare but the successful candidate will lead quality, health, safety and environmental issues across 4 sites on the island of Ireland. This is a high-profile role within this organisation where the role holder will play a key part in implementing a safety culture across the business, ensuring safety is a priority and a function that drives continuous improvement through the safety management systems.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Implementing the agreed QHSE strategy across the organisation
- Developing and maintaining all relevant QHSE policies and procedures in line with Group strategy
- Developing and maintaining all QHSE systems
- Maintaining local Ireland & Northern Ireland QHSE accreditations
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and laws
- Ensuring wellbeing of all staff on site in accordance with the policies and regulations
- Ensuring contractors working on site adhere to procedures and relevant legislation
- Ensuring that QHSE financial and budget controls are applied and adhered to at each site
- Ensuring safe working practices are written and followed through
- Ensure training and re-training of staff through the branch & departmental management structure
- Maintaining a training matrix, recording all relevant training
- Managing and controlling all accident reporting procedures
- Dealing with all other QHSE matters as they arise
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, trained as a Responsible Person in the Pharma industry, trained to Champion level in Good Distribution Practices (GDP), hold or working towards CMIOSH
- Proven experience as a senior QHSE professional within a large, multi-site organisation, preferably with a freight forwarding/logistics background
- Have experience in auditing, preferably experienced with ISO9001 standard.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Strong management skills with the ability to mentor and motivate
- Have experience of risk assessment, auditing and incident investigation processes
- Ability to effortlessly build relationships at senior management level
- Approach problem solving in a logical and systematic way
- Have the courage of conviction to make decisions when required
This is a permanent position that will offer a salary in the region of €60,000 - €70,000 plus benefits depending on experience. To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.