Quality and Audit Officer
Quality and Audit Officer
Temporary Quality and Audit Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £10.21
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital - Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 30 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
As part of an independent audit team and working across BHSCT the post holder will carry out audits and generate information which measure quality performance against agreed standards and targets. Services being audited will include Cleaning, Catering, Linen, Waste and outsourced contracts.
The postholder may not directly supervise these services but must take responsibility to ensure standards are maintained in conjunction with the relevant Support Services Management Team.
- To portray and promote a positive image of Patient & Client Support Services (PCSS) and through their actions motivate PCSS staff.
- Carry out quality auditing in line with the required frequency set out in the audit schedule. To audit to agreed standards using proformas and IT systems, notifying the appropriate manager of any performance deficiencies.
- Maintain accurate records relating to audits carried out, inputting data on IT systems as required.
- Take appropriate and timely action to ensure legislative/Trust policies and procedures are adhered to, thus maintaining health and safety.
- To meet individual and organisational aims and objectives as set out in the annual personal contribution plan.
- Liaise with Support Services users as required to ensure optimum quality throughout PCSS.
- To participate in working groups within the Trust as required.
- To provide progress reports to the Line manager on quality issues within Support Services
- To assist the Business Support Officer/Manager and PPI Managers in the identification, development and delivery of the Training & Quality Performance Plan.
- Employees of the Trust will be required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's No Smoking Policy
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with health ad safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Adhere to equal opportunities policy throughout the course of their employment.
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in service provision.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
Minimum of 4 GCSEs, including English, at Grade C or above or equivalent* and 1 years' experience working in an Environmental Cleaning/Support Services environment
Two years' experience Supervising Staff in an Environmental Cleaning /Support Services environment
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
MOS/ECDL computer qualification or equivalent
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.