Quality Assurance Auditor
Implementing, auditing and continual improvement of the Quality Assurance System by providing Technical Support to the Production, Maintenance and Hygiene teams. Ensuring that products are produced safely to meet customer quality standards and legislative requirements by taking corrective action in order to guarantee that products are maintained within specification.
· Auditing of factory environment (including hygiene / cleaning activities), processes, products and records to verify the business is operating to agreed standards and procedures, and identify discrepancies, agreeing action plans with the Manager responsible to correct any non-conformances / prevent re-occurrences.
· Reporting of factory technical status and issues of non-compliance, both verbally and in writing and any subsequent action plan that may be devised.
· Product quality day to day. In Despatch / On-Line / at Taste Panel etc.
· Maintenance of Quality Assurance System - Retrievability of process and quality records to verify product Specification, quality, safety and due diligence. Continuous improvement and internal auditing of procedures, records, product and hygiene specifications, cleaning effectiveness, stock management (raw materials, work in progress, finished product), crate / trolley / tray wash effectiveness, photographic standards. Auditing may be both in the local business or as part of the independent auditing team.
· Auditing of HACCP system to guarantee product safety e.g.: nut and glass policies.
· Traceability of all ingredients through to finished products to customer deliveries - including forward and backward traceability exercises.
· Performance of critical tasks to maintain the Quality System e.g. thermal process validation (datapaqs and p values), calibration (e.g. probes, datapaqs, weights, MAP, metal detection, anemometer), temperature monitoring etc.
· Provide Technical guidance and support to other departments (particularly Production / Hygiene / Engineering), encouraging understanding and awareness. Provide specific training as required.
· Participation in operational problem solving, technical / hygiene problem solving, and project work as allocated.
· Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the role.
· Accurate upkeep of QA System
· Effective and timely responses to customer queries and complaints
· Achieving audit grades
· Achieving KPI's and providing clear direction for improvement
Responsible through normal channels of communication for implementing the company procedures for Health and Safety matters. You will take all reasonable practicable measures to ensure the health and safety of all persons working under your control. You have a general duty of care for all employees, visitors, the environment and contractors working in your departments. You will be responsible for ensuring that all personnel under your control are made aware of the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy and safety rules and that the appropriate training and information on health and safety mattes are given.
· Understand the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy, Company Safety Rules and Statutory requirements applying to all operations under your control.
· Ensure that the arrangements made by the Company to secure the Health and Safety of employees are implemented.
· Ensure that all persons in your department are trained and given such information, instruction and supervision as may be necessary to enable them to work safely, without injury to health.
· Ensure that all persons in your department know the procedures for reporting accidents
· Ensure that all persons in your department are made aware of the location of the first aid facilities
· Ensure that all persons in your department are familiar with the routine in case of fire or other emergency that might require evacuation of the workplace
· Ensure that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are investigated promptly and reported, stating the cause of the accident and/or occurrence and the action taken or recommended to prevent recurrence
· Ensure that hazards in the departments are identified and that risk assessments are completed, to the appropriate standard.
· Ensure that all substances under your management have suitable and sufficient risk assessments (COSHH) completed (if appropriate), are stored in the correct manner and that copies of all COSHH assessments are passed to the Health and Safety for inclusion in the COSHH Manual.
· Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work
· Set an example in safe behaviour
· Where applicable, ensure that all plant, machinery and equipment is safe to use and, that all dangerous parts of machinery are guarded and that the guards provided are correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, whilst the machinery is in motion or use
· Ensure that overalls, protective clothing and equipment provided is adequate for the purpose intended and is used by all persons as appropriate
· Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained throughout your areas of responsibility
· Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in respect of all reported defects and complaints relating to Health and Safety.
· Ensure full honest co-operation with the appointed Safety Representatives where appointed, in matters relating to Health and Safety.
· Ensure full co-operation with HR Manager and appointed claims investigator in matters relating to employer's liability claims
· Ensure that at least 4 times per year, systematic and comprehensive safety inspections are carried out throughout your departments/areas. A copy of the report must be submitted to site's Health and Safety Advisor. Corrective action must be implemented based on all written reports and on other performance indicators.
· Ensure that where a contract has been agreed to carry out a task within your department the system relating to temporary employees or contractors is followed.