Quality Assurance Leader
Monaghan/Louth/South Armagh region
Our client, one of Ireland's largest and longest established within their sector, have an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Leader to join their team in Monaghan.
About the Role:
The role requires an energetic and dynamic person who can work well unsupervised and on their own initiative. The candidate will report to the Quality Manager and will work alongside an existing team to ensure that both product and process meet specification, statutory obligations & customer requirements. The Quality Assurance leader will be responsible for controlling the day to day quality activities of the site in addition to maintaining and improving the sites Quality Management System.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Through daily routine monitoring and verification ensure all products are produced to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation.
- Conduct regular hygiene audits, quality checks, label verification, system compliance checks. microbiological sampling, recording and trending.
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance's / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent re occurrence.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard.
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints.
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality and how this is incorporated into their daily duties.
- Ensure Quality KPI's are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure the QMS is implemented, maintained, and improved on where necessary.
- Prepare for, participate in and in some cases, lead customer visits & 3rd party audits.
- Champion the quality agenda on the site always.
- Implementation and maintenance of the company's Origin Green plan
- Schedule and participate in all monthly and annual audits.
Skills & Requirements:
- Diploma / Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised and be a team player
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Good understanding of HACCP principles, Bord Bia standards and BRC V8
- Ideally have 2-4 years' experience in a FMCG environment
- Full clean driving licence
If you are interested in applying please hit the apply now button and submit your CV